FNP Community Care Residency Program
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Community Care Residency Program is a 12-month residency program designed in partnership with the Chin Family Institute for Nursing (CFIN) at California State University Los Angeles (Cal State LA). This 12-month post-graduate program supports the needs of CCALAC member clinics and their patients, while simultaneously providing intensive training and on-the-job experience to new and recently graduated Family Nurse Practitioners who are committed to developing their careers as Primary Care Providers.
Through this program, FNP Residents will work at a CCALAC member clinic and be able to increase access to quality primary care for the under-resourced and special populations that will prepare the Residents for full and autonomous expert care of complex underserved populations across all life cycles. FNP Residents will also improve their clinical skills, confidence, productivity, job satisfaction, as well as contribute to employer satisfaction and workforce retention. The residency program is a full-time, 12-month salaried position. Up to 6 Six (6) residency slots will be available for the 2023-2024 FNP Residency class. (*Photo: 2022-2023 residents)
Watch the 2022 – 2023 program VIDEO to learn more!
2023 – 2024 Program Requirements
- Be a graduate of an accredited FNP school/program
- Be credentialed (FNP-C) or licensed/credential-eligible as FNP in California, or have applied for national FNP certification, or successfully passed the certification exam
- Submit a completed application including:
- Personal Statement (guiding questions will be provided)
- Supplemental Questions
- School Transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Available to work full-time
- Commit to 1 year residency (October 2023 – October 2024)
- If selected, participate in a minimum of 2 interviews (one with program staff and another with the host site clinic)
- Selected Residents will need to submit proof of malpractice insurance
Applications are currently closed. Please check back in March 2024 for updates regarding future applications.
|Members by Application
|FNP Residents will work at a CCALAC member clinic; full-time, 12 month salaried position
|Grant funds, plus host matching fees from participating clinics
|Alexander Gil – firstname.lastname@example.org
This Nurse Practitioner Residency Program is generously supported by: