A Virtual Event
Save the Date: March 24, 2023!
In a time when health care rights are under attack and health disparities persist, community health centers have been at the center of advancing access to equitable care. Health centers will be at the forefront of California’s continued health care transformation, coverage expansions, telehealth advancements and workforce solutions. Now is the time to push for bold solutions to create a sustainable – and just – health care system.
The 22nd Annual Southern California Health Care Symposium’s theme is Revolutionary Medicine: Thriving Communities Realized Through Healthcare Transformation. Join the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County and the Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers on Friday, March 24, 2023 to reimagine how we build systems of care that champion the wellbeing of all people.
Call for Proposals
We’re looking for speakers to present at the Symposium! Community health providers and partners want to learn from you on topics including workforce, policy & advocacy, quality improvement, social drivers of health, operations and social justice. See the full list of topics below.
Each breakout workshop is slated for 45, 60, or 90 minutes, including Q&A, and will have no more than three presenters. Please include all information in the online submission form and submit no later than Monday, October 31, 2022 to have your session considered.
2023 Session Tracks
- Workforce – Engagement, Employee Wellness, Recruitment and Retention, Leadership and Employee Resilience, Leadership Development, Workforce Pipeline Development
- Policy and Advocacy – Homelessness, CalAIM, Alternative Payment Methodologies
- Quality Improvement – Evaluation, Data Governance and Management, Practice Transformation, Innovation, Compliance
- Clinical Services – Population Health, Screenings, Clinical Competency
- Social Drivers of Health (SDoH) – Food Insecurity, Housing, Transportation, Risk Stratification, Material Poverty, Addressing Clinical Challenges for Under-resourced Populations
- Operations – Compliance, Billing, Alternative Payment Models, CalAIM, Organizational Sustainability, Trauma-informed Care and Resilience, Pandemic Recovery and Rebuilding
- Social Justice – Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI), Anti-racism, Responsiveness to Social Justice and Politics
- Other – If you have a great idea for a session that does not fall into one of these categories, please submit your idea! Please briefly explain the content area your session will address and how it aligns with the mission of the 22nd Annual Southern California Health Care Symposium.
CCALAC is a 501 (c)(3) organization representing 65 member community health centers that operate more than 350 primary care sites in LA County. Our members provide vital health care services to more than 1.7 million patients, the majority of whom have low incomes, and are either publicly insured or uninsured.
Community health centers are non-profit, state-licensed organizations that provide high-quality primary care, including medical, dental, and mental health services, to underserved communities disproportionately impacted by poverty and systemic racism. Additional services that can be found within some health centers include pharmacy, x-ray, radiology, optometry, obstetrics, specialty referrals, and other medical services.
Thank you to our sponsors!
If you would like to receive Sponsor updates, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Click here for information on the 2022 Annual Southern California Health Care Symposium.