One in every fifteen people living in the United States depends on health center services. Health Centers deliver high quality, cost effective, accessible care while serving as critical economic engines helping to power local economies.
In addition to their long history as health care homes to millions, Health Centers are also proud to celebrate over 50 years of service and continue to be ranked among the highest quality and cost effective care providers in the nation. Health Centers provide their services to all people, regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status.Each year we celebrate the work and services Health Centers provide to special populations within their community on designated days during the week. This year is no different, but we have added focused themed days, that will allow for more opportunities to showcase the innovative services and programs at Health Centers.
We encourage you to consider coordinating your celebrations around the corresponding dates and focused areas listed below to showcase the innovative programs and services your health center provides in the community. To be clear, your events do not have to coincide exactly with the focus of respective days – much like the NHCW theme, focus days are available to enhance your events and help provide structure at your discretion. By coordinating as many local efforts as possible focused on each area on the same day, helps maximize the impact of our message nationally.
NHCW Focus Days
- Elected Officials Day, Sunday August 13
- Health Screenings Day, Monday, August 14
- Public Housing Health Centers Day, Tuesday, August 15
- Healthcare for the Homeless Day, Wednesday, August 16
- Agricultural Worker Health Day, Thursday, August 17
- Consumer Board Member Day, Friday, August 18
- Children’s Health Day, Saturday, August 19
- CCALAC NHCW Talking Points 2017 (PDF)
- CPCA Media Kit
- Health Center Advocacy Network’s Make the Case
- Funding Cliff Calculator (Excel file) Produce a printable infographic demonstrating the funding cliff’s potential impact on your health center.
See our current list of events by clicking here