Allied Health Internship Program
Are you a current student about to complete your healthcare program or healthcare certificate? Are you interested in learning and working in a community health center? This program may be for you!
The CCALAC Allied Health Internship Program will place up to 30 students in paid 100-hour in-person internships at one of our member health centers within LA County. Internships will take place throughout the Spring and Summer of 2023. Prior to their internship, students will participate in orientation plus two fundamental workshops. As an incentive for participation, students will receive gift cards after completing the workshops and over the course of the internship.
At the end of the internship, students will receive a certificate of completion, and, depending on their internship site’s needs, may receive a job offer!
Benefits of participation:
- Paid 100-hour internship ($1,500 total)
- $25 gift card for each fundamental workshop attended ($50 total)
- $25 gift card at the start of internship, $50 gift card at the midway point, and $100 at the end ($175 total)
- Opportunity to learn about community health centers
- Opportunity to be hired full-time upon completion of internship, depending on internship site’s needs
- Certificate awarded at end of program ceremony
- Complete and submit application
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must attend two virtual workshops
- Ability to complete a 100-hour in-person internship (approximately 10 – 25 hours a week over the course of 5-6 weeks)
- Availability Monday-Friday (for internship hours)
- Bilingual (Spanish) – not required, but a plus
- Must be able to do internship hours between the hours of 8am-5pm
- Must live in LA County
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to and from internship clinic site
- Must be in the last 4-6 months of your program/area of study or have recently graduated
- Must be in one of the areas of study below
Accepted Areas of Study:
- Medical Assistant
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Pharmacy Tech
- Health Information Technology
- Billing and Coding
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Community Health Worker
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Patient Care Representative/Patient Navigator/Care Coordinator
- Administrative – Customer Service, Reception, Call Center, etc.
- Undergraduate majors – Community Health, Health Education, Social Work, Health Administration
(If you are unsure if your major/area of study will be accepted, please e-mail email@example.com)
- Application Opens: January 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: Extended to March 24, 2023
- Applicant Interviews: February – March 2023
- Program Begins (Orientation): April 13, 2023 from 6pm – 8pm
- Mandatory Didactic Trainings: April 20, 2023 & April 27, 2023 from 6pm – 8pm
- Externship Begins: Rolling Basis
- Externship Ends: Rolling Basis
- Program Ends: Late Summer 2023/ Early Fall 2023
Note: This timeline is subject to change. Applicants to be notified should any changes arise.
Watch the Allied Health Internship Program – Informational Webinar to learn more!
|PARTICIPANTS:||Individuals by Application|
|FREQUENCY:||Program Launch early 2023|
|SPONSORED BY:||Blue Shield California Promise Health Plan, California Area Health Education Center (AHEC), & Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|STAFF CONTACT:||Cristal Torres|
Application is now closed. We encourage you to apply for the next cycle in 2024!
TO OUR MEMBER CLINICS:
Watch the Allied Health Clinic Internship Program – Informational Webinar to learn more about hosting an allied health intern: Watch Now!
If you are a member clinic interested in hosting an allied health intern, please complete the Clinic Host Site Application by February 28, 2023. CLINIC APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to our program sponsors!