Posted: August 17, 2021
This page contains key information and resources surrounding voter education and engagement activities. The purpose of these resources is to encourage and aid health centers in registering patients to vote, keeping patients informed, and communicating the importance of participation.
The September 14, 2021 California Governor Recall Election
All registered voters have the option to vote by mail or vote in-person.
- August 16, 2021: Local Election Offices Start to Send Out Mail Ballots
- August 30, 2021: Last Day to Register to Vote Check Your Voter Registration Status HERE
- September 4, 2021: In-Person Polling Sites Open
- September 14, 2021: California Governor Recall Election
Vote by Mail
All registered voters will receive a vote by mail ballot. Mailing of ballots begins on August 16. You can mail in your ballot, and it must be postmarked by Election Day, Tuesday, September 14.
Drop Off Your Ballot
You can drop off your ballot at any voting location in your county. You can check if your county offers a secure drop-off box location HERE. If you choose to drop off your ballot, do so by 8 PM on Election Day, September 14.
In-person polling sites will open on September 4. To find your polling center, click HERE.
Track Your Ballot
Sign up to track your ballot HERE. You’ll be able to track when your ballot is mailed, when it’s received once you vote, and when it’s counted.
- CAL MATTERS FAQ on the California Election
- LWV & Advancing Justice Your Vote. Your Voice. One-Pager
- Advancing Justice Voting Rights Resources (available in different languages)
- California Secretary of State Recall Election FAQ
- California Health+ Advocates Voter Resources