Posted: November 18, 2019
NEW CA PIF Outreach & Communications Workgroup Patient-Facing Materials
The Outreach & Communications Workgroup that CPCA leads under the CA-PIF efforts, has created three community-facing documents to help consumers navigate the health system, prepare for a meeting with an attorney around public charge and information about how to obtain COVID-19 testing and services.Resources will likely be translated into Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Tagalog and Korean.
CHIRLA Immigrant Assistance Toll Free Help Line: 888-624-4752
The CHIRLA Community Education team is prepared to answer questions with referral information for patients who may feel sick or may not know what to do. COVID-19 posters with information and CHIRLA’s help line can be downloaded in English and Spanish.
CIPC COVID-19 Resource Guide for Immigrants in California
Click HERE for the California Immigrant and Policy Center’s Resource Guide for Immigrants in California.
Public Charge Resources
Click HERE for CCALAC’s Public Charge Resources library.
Doctors for Immigrants: “Sanctuary Hospital” Project
- Doctorsforimmigrants.com – Policies & actions that hospitals and clinics can take to make their spaces welcoming to immigrant patients.
- “Red Cards” (Immigrant Legal Resource Center)
- NILC Know Your Rights Resources
- ILRC Resources Guide
- ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Resources (also in Spanish)
- Informed Immigrant Guide
- California Rapid Response Networks – Contact Info
- CDSS’ One California Supported Legal Resources
Memo on Sponsor Responsibilities
Know Your Rights Resources
- ACLU: We Have Rights videos (multiple videos, all in multiple languages)
- ACLU Know Your Rights Resources
- NILC: Immigration Enforcement at Health Care Facilities
- NILC: Know Your Rights: Everyone Has Certain Basic Rights, No Matter Who Is President (multiple languages)
- NILC: Privacy Protections in Selected Federal Benefits Programs (updated Feb. 2018)
- NILC Resources: When Encountering Law Enforcement
- NILC Resources: Immigration Enforcement (includes Rights Card / Tarjeta de Derechos)
- CHIRLA Know Your Rights Toolkit
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- NILC’s DACA Litigation Timeline
- DACA Updates and Links to Resources from the National Immigration Law Center (NILC)
- USCIS Jan. 13 Announcement Regarding DACA Renewals (includes who can renew, renewal instructions)
- NILC DACA Renewal Applications: What You Need to Know (English & Spanish)
- LA County Office of Immigrant Affairs, DACA Updates
Health Center Immigration Policies & Procedures
- CPCA: Health Center Immigration Sample Policies & Procedures
- California AG: Model Policy: Promoting Safe and Secure Access for All
“Sensitive Locations” Guidance and Resources
- ICE Memo Re Sensitive Locations
- ICE Supplemental Guidance Re Sensitive Locations
- ICE Clarification of Existing Practices Related to Certain Health Care Information
- NILC & CLASP, Dept. of Homeland Security’s “Sensitive” Locations Policies
City of Los Angeles
Find an Immigration Attorney
- LA County Office of Immigrant Affairs – Legal Resources
- Ready California Legal Services Directory
- CA Dept. of Social Services Immigration Services Contractors
Immigration attorneys must have a law license, verify it here.