Non-Violent Crisis Intervention®
June 13 @ 8:00 am - June 14 @ 5:00 pm$175
The Non-Violent Crisis Intervention® (NCI) program is considered the worldwide standard for crisis prevention and intervention training. The course will teach clinic staff de-escalation techniques and intervention strategies for workplace violence prevention. The training will be held in-person on June 13 and 14 from 9:00am-5:00pm. The workshop includes independent self-paced content, lecture, and situation-based guided practice with certified instructors. In-person attendance is required for both days and the location will be sent upon confirmation.
Limited space available on a first come first served basis.
By the end of the training, participants will:
• Identify warning signs that indicate an escalation toward aggressive or violent behavior.
• Learn how to take appropriate measures to avoid, decelerate, and de-escalate crisis situations.
• Assess the level of risk associated with crisis behavior and make appropriate decisions related to the management of such risks.
• Identify the impact of crisis events and describe post-crisis responses that can be used for personal and organizational support and learning.
• Address the serious issue of physical intervention through careful assessment of risks and an evaluation.
Presented by the Crisis Prevention Institute.
Cost for CCALAC Members and Affiliates: $175, Non-members: $250
Group rates are available. Please email the Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in seeking a group rate.