Submit Comments on Public Charge by December 10th!
On October 10, the Notice of Proposed Rule-making (NPRM) related to public charge, Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds, was officially published in the Federal Register. The proposed rule seeks to make changes to “public charge” policies that govern how use of public benefits may affect individuals’ immigration status. The proposed changes are a drastic departure from current public charge policy and health centers and other advocates are extremely concerned about the impact of the proposed rule on patients’ ability and willingness to access health care services and public benefit programs.
For more information, resources and an FAQ on the public charge rule, see CCALAC’s Immigration Resources library.
Health Center Organizations: Download Template, Personalize, and Submit!
- Download the template here
- Personalize it (Customize at least 30% – click here to learn why this is so important!)
- Submit it!
- Go to bit.ly/CAcomments (Regulations.gov)
- Type “please see attached comments” in the Comment text box
- Under Upload File(s), click on “Choose Files” and select your letter
- Fill out First Name and Last Name (required fields –providing additional contact information is optional)
- Click “Continue”
- Preview submission, edit if needed, and click “Submit”
Staff, Patients, Community Members: Go to Portal, Personalize, and Submit!
- Click here to access comment submission portal
- Fill out the required fields (only name is required, email and zip code are optional)
- Personalize the language in the text box! (Click here to learn why this is so important!)
- Look for the **** in the pre-populated text and insert your personal story
- Click “Submit Comment“
Contact Joanne Preece at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the NPRM or submitting public comments.
Contact Elaiza Torralba at email@example.com for questions about media engagement and talking points.