Posted: December 5, 2019
On December 5th, CCALAC hosted a webinar in which participants received updated CCALAC financial and operational trends compared to California, national, and other California metro health center peers. This overview helps health centers understand the significant progress achieved since the program launched as well as provide strategies to address ongoing challenges. Participants also learned how to use the benchmarking toolkit and performance evaluation profiles. Including training on calculating metrics and trends and understanding and communicating their meaning. While primarily intended for staff and/or health centers who have not participated in a similar program previously, those looking for a refresher are encouraged to attend. The webinar, slides, & materials are available below:
Posted: December 5, 2019
On November 19th, CCALAC hosted a webinar that provides participants with an introduction to the Advancing the Financial Strength of Los Angeles Clinics program and curriculum. It covers the concepts essential to clinic financial strength, including current industry trends and challenges, the importance of benchmarking, and key financial and operational performance indicators to track and include on dashboards. This session also highlights real-world connections to operations planning. The webinar, slides, & materials are available below:
Posted: December 4, 2018
On November 9th, CCALAC hosted a webinar which provided a review of 2016-2017 aggregate financial and operational trends and metrics from AFS participant data compared to statewide, national, and recommended ranges to better understand how Capital Link’s performance evaluation profile measures financial and operational performance and highlights strengths, weaknesses, and potential opportunities for improvement. The webinar, slides and materials from this presentation are below:
Posted: August 15, 2018
This webinar will help LA-area clinics better understand and utilize Capital Link’s Market Snapshots as a resource for decision-making. Topics will include: reviewing patient origin by primary and secondary areas, assessing low income residents by zip code and census tracts, tracking a health center’s market penetration, and identifying their community’s unmet needs.
The session will also provide an overview of many free research resources available to assess market opportunities. Information from a market assessment can be used to inform a health center’s program and workforce planning, and forms an excellent basis for financial forecasting and operating grant proposals.
Health centers who agreed to share their data and signed data usage agreements with CCALAC will receive a snapshot report prior to the webinar.
- Help the recipients of Capital Link’s Market Snapshot reports understand and use the documents for decision-making.
- Discover additional market assessment sources available for use by health centers.
- Learn how to use information gleaned from a market analysis for financial forecasting and workforce planning.
Posted: June 7, 2018
Health centers continue to devote significant resources to the transition to a team-based model of primary care delivery. This session goes “back to basics” to take a fresh look at techniques designed to expand capacity, utilizing existing resources within a sustainable structure. From defining target outcomes to simplifying scheduling templates to aligning panel size, participants will learn a replicable process for moving forward with each of their primary care teams through what is often a divisive operational imperative.
- Learn about methods your health center can implement immediately to facilitate the transition to team-based care.
- Understand techniques to expand capacity at your health center while retaining a sustainable structure.
- Make the most of existing resources to enhance team-based care.
Posted: April 23, 2018
This webinar will describe the most important data and information for health center Boards to monitor to identify warning signs and opportunities to strengthen their operations. Building on the prior sessions, we will review key metrics to track and provide guidance on specific information Board members should request regularly from health center leadership. We will also discuss best practices for performance improvement.
- Understand early warning signs of financial, operational, or clinical weaknesses to boost health center sustainability and ensure access to high quality community based care.
- Access resources and samples to assist in tracking of financial and operational metrics, and developing actions from this information.
- Use information based on metrics from management and financial reports to boost strategic and operational agility.
Understanding the Health Center Business Model: Overview of Finance and Operations for Board Members
Posted: March 12, 2018
This webinar will provide board members with an understanding of their health center’s financial and operating model including revenue sources, performance drivers, and costs. Board members will learn how to use financial and management reports and tools to assess their health center’s performance against FQHC benchmarks and guidelines to enhance financial and clinical success.
- Understand your health center’s financial and operating model.
- Identify important metrics to monitor and understand what they mean.
- Assess health center financial and operational performance to foster long-term success.