- This event has passed.
ACEs Screening The Role of the Care Navigator
December 9, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
This training will focus on the role of the Care Navigator and their best practices for conducting an ACEs screening.
After the training, participants will be able to:
- Review the science behind ACEs and toxic stress.
- Discuss the rationale for ACEs screening.
- Provide examples of conversation starters related to trauma and ACEs.
- Review Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Review Prochaska’s Readiness to Change theory.
- Discuss Motivational Interviewing techniques.
- Provide patient assessment examples to identify patient willingness and priority needs.
Presented by Karissa Luckett, RN, BSN, MSW
Ms. Luckett started her Nursing career over 25 years ago, and is currently licensed in Texas as a Registered Nurse (RN). She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Nursing, from the University of Southern Mississippi, and a Master’s Degree in Social Work from Louisiana State University, with a focus in Not-for-profit Management and Leadership. She has worked for the Center for Youth Wellness since 2016, initially serving as the NPPC Coach, and currently as the Administrator of Clinical and Quality Operations. Ms. Luckett facilitates training and provides content expertise in the areas of ACEs screening implementation, practice workflow, scoring algorithms, EHR build, data capture reporting, and monitoring, and patient education best practices.