This page contains key information and resources surrounding voter registration activities. The purpose of these resources is to encourage and aid health centers in registering patients to vote, keeping patients informed, and communicating the importance of participation.
Californians have the option to Vote by Mail (VBM), vote early in-person, or vote in-person on Election Day for the November 3rd General Election.
- October 5, 2020: VBM ballots mailed to registered voters
- October 6, 2020: Voting Begins
- October 19, 2020: Last day to register to vote. Check voter registration status here.
- November 3, 2020: General Election
Vote by Mail
All registered voters will receive a VBM ballot to ensure a safe and accessible voting option during the COVID-19 pandemic. Mailing of VBM ballots in all elections begins 29 days prior to Election Day, or October 5. Completed ballots can be submitted by mail, in person at any VBM Drop Box location, and at any Vote Center in LA County. If a ballot is postmarked by Election Day and received within 17 days of the election date, the ballot will be processed, verified, and counted in the election. LA County provides full language service and/or assistance in up to 18 multilingual languages.
To request your ballot or election materials in another language please call LA County’s Multilingual Services Program at 800-815-2666, option 3.
How to Track Your Ballot
Receive personalized text messages, emails, and/or automated voice messages on your VBM ballot by subscribing to Where’s My Ballot. This is a free service available to all registered voters that provides updated information on where your ballot is and when you can expect to receive it. Voters can confirm that their ballot was received and tallied through the Vote by Mail Status Tool.
LA County provides safe and secure Vote Centers that follow all of the public health and safety guidelines. Voters can cast ballots 10 days prior to Election Day and can vote in-person Election Day at any participating Vote Center in the County. Click here to view the list of Vote Centers throughout LA County. During the voting period, Vote Centers will be open from 10 AM to 7 PM during the 10 days prior to Election Day and from 7 AM to 8 PM on Election Day.
NACHC Voter Registration Campaign
There are two ways you can access additional resources for your health center:
1. Sign up for your Healthy Democracy Kits unique to your Health Center here. There is a free digital option and a paid option if you instead want a physical version – both come with monthly reporting of how many patients you’ve registered.
2. Sign up for your Free Voter Registration Posters and Patient Handouts in English and Spanish branded uniquely for your Health Center here.
COVID-19 Voting Resources
Health Center Resources
- Get Out The Vote Voter Guide
- Election 101 Informational Flyer
- General Election Talking Points Guide
- My Vote My Health Screensavers
- Animated TV Commercials for November 3rd Election – English; Spanish
- Get Out The Vote Sign for Table Top Counters
- Get Out The Vote Stay Safe Poster
- Get Out The Vote Telephone Hold Message Script
- Get Out the Vote Telephone Hold Message Recording – English; Spanish
- Get Out The Vote, My Vote My Health Partner Poster
LA County Resources
- Modernizing the Voting Experience by 2020
- New Voter Experience Video
- Brochures/Materials for L.A. County
Additional Partner Resources
- NALEO Educational Fund’s VSAP Fact Sheet
- Vote 411
- NALEO 2020 Latino Election Handbook
- NALEO 2020 Latino Voters At Risk
- NALEO 2020 Latino Voter Projections
CCALAC’s “Voting in a Pandemic” Training Resources
- LA County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Presentation
- AltaMed Health Services Presentation
- Webinar Recording
CPCA’s “How CHCs can Promote Civic Engagement to Patients in 2020” Training Resources
- Recorded Webinar
- How CHCs Can Promote Civic Engagement to Patients in 2020 – Presentation
- Civic Engagement Toolkit
- CPCA – Civic Health Month Toolkit
- November Voting Script during COVID-19
- Voter Registration Best Practices
- NACHC – Flyer
- VoteSafe – Flyer – English
- VoteSafe – Flyer – Spanish
Do you want to host a voting center demonstration at one of your clinic sites?
Please contact Erika Rogers at email@example.com with any questions.