The following is a collection of advocacy resources that can be used when speaking to patients, staff, elected officials, and other external stakeholders.
Please be sure to check for updates throughout the year.
MHLA Talking Points (Nov. 2017) (For staff and patients)
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) (Nov. 2017), for staff and patients
CPCA “Our Path Forward” (PDF)
Click here for additional CCALAC Policy & Advocacy Resources and Materials.
Click here for district profiles (includes County Information, Congressional Districts, State Senate, State Assembly, Los Angeles Board of Supervisors, and SPAs)
Governor Brown Statement on Presidential Election and Transition
Joint Statement from California Legislative Leaders on Result of Presidential Election
NACHC Statement on the Results of the 2016 Elections
Rep. Paul Ryan’s A Better Way: Health Care Policy
Regional Association of California Letter (November 21, 2016)
CaliforniaHealth+ Advocates Healthcare 2017 website
- Nonprofit organizations that provide low-cost help can be found at immigrationlawhelp.org.
- The immigration courts have a list of lawyers and organizations that provide free legal services:gov/eoir/list-pro-bono-legal-service-providers-map.
- At https://www.adminrelief.org you can search for legal services by zip code.
- Search for an immigration lawyer using the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s online directory,com.
- The National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild also has an online find-a-lawyer tool:https://www.nationalimmigrationproject.org/find.html.
- NILC’s resources New Questions and Answers About DACA Now That Trump Is President-Elect and Know Your Rights have additional detailed information.