Submissions will be reviewed and posted by website administrator.
CCALAC, L.A. Care, and Health Net are hosting Health Homes Program (HHP) Clinic Workgroup meetings. This group provides an opportunity for health plans and clinics to identify challenges, barriers, and solutions early on in the planning and implementation process of this program. Once HHP is launched in LA County in July 2019, we will have quarterly meetings. All meetings will take place at CCALAC- 445 S. Figueroa Street Suite 2100 Los Angeles, CA 90071. Meeting dates will be as follows:
- Tuesday, August 27 – 9:30-11:00am
- Tuesday, December 17 – 9:30-11:00am
- Tuesday, April 21 – 9:30-11:00am
- Tuesday, August 18 – 9:30-11:00am
Please RSVP below.
The 2019 California Partnership of Healthcare Advocates (CPHA) Conference provides an opportunity for Certified Enrollment Counselors (CECs), Certified Application Counselors (CACs), Certified Application Assistants (CAAs), Community Health Workers, Promotoras, and other healthcare advocates to receive program updates, share and learn best practices, and network. The theme this year is Standing in Our Power: Leading Our Communities.
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, the Administration finalized the long-awaited public charge rule. In response, CCALAC is working with our partners at Neighborhood Legal Services-Los Angeles to provide training for enrollers on the finalized rule and how best to work with patients and clients given the latest public charge development.
Please join us on Friday, September 6th at 9:00 am for this timely training presented by Immigration Attorney, Inna Parizher of Neighborhood Legal Services-Los Angeles. A Question & Answer session will follow the presentation.
By the end of the training, attendees will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of the finalized public charge rule;
- Understand and be able to answer questions related to the effective date of the rule changes and the legal challenges to the rule;
- Answer enrollment related questions from patients and community members regarding public charge;
- Help patients and community members understand which benefits and programs are impacted by the public charge rule;
- Direct patients and community members to legal council and immigration resources.
Breakfast will be provided and on-site parking will be validated.
*This training is limited to 2 attendees per agency.