Submissions will be reviewed and posted by website administrator.
The 2019 California Partnership of Healthcare Advocates (CPHA) Conference provides an opportunity for Certified Enrollment Counselors (CECs), Certified Application Counselors (CACs), Certified Application Assistants (CAAs), Community Health Workers, Promotoras, and other healthcare advocates to receive program updates, share and learn best practices, and network. The theme this year is Standing in Our Power: Leading Our Communities.
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, the Administration finalized the long-awaited public charge rule. In response, CCALAC is working with our partners at Neighborhood Legal Services-Los Angeles to provide training for enrollers on the finalized rule and how best to work with patients and clients given the latest public charge development.
Please join us on Friday, September 6th at 9:00 am for this timely training presented by Immigration Attorney, Inna Parizher of Neighborhood Legal Services-Los Angeles. A Question & Answer session will follow the presentation.
By the end of the training, attendees will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of the finalized public charge rule;
- Understand and be able to answer questions related to the effective date of the rule changes and the legal challenges to the rule;
- Answer enrollment related questions from patients and community members regarding public charge;
- Help patients and community members understand which benefits and programs are impacted by the public charge rule;
- Direct patients and community members to legal council and immigration resources.
Breakfast will be provided and on-site parking will be validated.
*This training is limited to 2 attendees per agency.
This training is made possible by the support of The California Community Foundation.
Visit the Policy Advisory Group page for more information.
We are pleased to announce a NextGen Provider Training Webinar Series in partnership with OCHIN. This series is intended to train Providers on best practices for commonly used templates and workflows in order to advance user knowledge of the system and improve overall efficiency.
This webinar will demonstrate how to document a Pediatric Well Child visit using a best practice provider workflow, so that the information will properly and automatically update the Peds Wellness Assessment template. Providers will learn how to update the Peds Wellness Assessment template to accurately complete line items to indicate No Problem, Not Needed, as well as updating the template to add approved comments and indicate if the line item is a new or existing issue.
- Understand where to document within the Pediatric Well Child visit provider workflow to automatically update items on the Peds Wellness Assessment template.
- Understand how to review the Peds Wellness Assessment template and update line items to indicate No Problem and/or Not Needed status.
- How to document Peds Wellness Assessment template to show new and/or existing issues and add CHDP approved comments to line items.
Presented by Teresa Weir, BSCIS, Trainer/Educator III, OCHIN
Pricing Information: If you are a part of the NextGen User Group, a single training webinar is $50 per location a session. Save money and purchase all 8 trainings for $300 per location.
Non-User Group registration costs $75 per location for a single webinar training and $500 if purchasing all 8 sessions per location.
You must be logged into the website to register. If you don’t have a login yet, Create an Account.
If you are not a Member or Affiliate of CCALAC and you would like to attend this training, please email Traci Bivens, at email@example.com.