700 S Flower St #3150
Los Angeles, CA 90017
This two-day training is designed for individuals who want to provide full-service outreach, enrollment and retention services for clients. All free or low cost health programs provided in LA County are included: Medi-Cal (including both MAGI and Non-MAGI eligibility), Covered California, Medi-Cal Access Program, My Health LA and Los Angeles County resources for those that remain uninsured. Also included:
- Managed Care plans;
- coverage for pregnant women and;
- Issues affecting health care and the immigrant community.
Learn advocacy tips to help you and your clients navigate these complicated systems.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Explain varying eligibility criteria for the different health care programs including those for pregnant women, immigrants and the residually uninsured;
- Be able to calculate income and family size for both MAGI and Non-MAGI Medi-Cal eligibility;
- Understand how immigration status impacts program eligibility and scope of benefits;
- Demonstrate how to advocate for families when there are problems accessing health coverage and benefits;
- Have asked many questions, learned a lot and played some fun games!
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Parking will be validated.