The Empathy Effect®: Countering Bias to Improve Health Outcomes Intervention
June 5 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm$75
As humans we carry ideas and feelings about others that involve judgement, demonstrate stigma and reflect bias that are harmful for people most vulnerable is our communities. The Empathy Effect ® (EE) training is an opportunity for clinic staff that come into contact with patients/clients and their families to build common vocabulary and expectations utilizing evidence-based communication strategies.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- List two of the three premises for empathy-based care;
- Identify the elements of the INGEAR model of empathy conveyance;
- Identify two internal and external cues associated with interactions that invite judgement;
- Name at least one counter cue to shift from a view of judgement to one of understanding;
- Demonstrate at least two examples of conveying empathy.
Presented by Traci Bivens-Davis, MA, Training and Events Manager, CCALAC
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Discounted parking is available with advance purchase at the Union Bank Plaza/CCALAC Building.