Union Bank Plaza
445 S Figueroa St #2100, Los Angeles, CA 90071
The California Primary Care Association (CPCA), with speakers from BKD, LLP brings you this one-day training on Medi-Cal reimbursement matters, specifically focusing on guidance related to Medi-Cal rate setting cost reports and Medi-Cal change in scope requests. The training will focus on allowable cost principles and preparation for audit by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
Who Should Attend:
CFOs, Finance Directors, and other health center staff responsible for the financial functions of the organization and/or are responsible for completing DHCS forms.
Specific Learning Objectives include an overview and understanding of:
- Rate setting cost report form (DHCS 3090)
- Change in scope of services form (DHCS 3096)
- Home office cost report form (DHCS 3089)
- Best practices for supporting documentation for cost and cost allocations
- Medicare reasonable and allowable cost principles and California specific cost principles
- Productivity and proper visit counting and documentation
- Revenue and cost adjustments
- Cost report submission and audit process
- Common audit adjustments proposed
Audits and Investigations (A&I) will also be in attendance for a portion of the training to answer 5-10 questions from you. As we will have a limited amount of time, we are collecting questions in advance during training registration for those registered before September 6, 2019. Please note that we cannot guarantee that your question will be answered and only those questions submitted in advance will be considered. No questions for A&I will be solicited onsite.
Registration begins at 8:00am. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
• CPCA Members and Non-Member Health Centers: $275 per participant
• Non-Member Non-Health Centers: $325 per participant
*Health centers will be limited to 2 attendees in an effort to spread the learning as wide as possible. If more than two are registered, additional registrations will be cancelled and the registrant will be added to a waitlist if any seats are still available 1 week prior to the session start.
If you need further information, please contact the CPCA office at (916) 440-8170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.