Ransomware: Prevention, Response, and Preparedness
October 22 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
More than 1 in 3 health centers globally have been affected by Ransomware. Victims of this threat can experience downtime, lost data, and in many cases, an inability to provide care to patients. Compliance requirements such as the HIPAA Security Rule require health centers to have Incident Response and Business Continuity Plans in place to address this type of threat. This workshop is designed for health center staffs who want to understand more about how to prepare for and respond to the continuous threat of Ransomware. Attendees can anticipate leaving with information and experience working through Ransomware scenarios through a tabletop exercise.
This virtual workshop will contain two segments:
1. Informational session designed to provide background and resources on preparing for and responding to Ransomware
2. A tabletop exercise designed to provide attendees with hands-on experience responding to a hypothetical Ransomware attack
By the end of the workshop attendees will be better able to:
• Understand effective security controls to prevent, detect, and respond to ransomware;
• Conduct a ransomware tabletop exercise;
• Help their organizations prepare for a ransomware attack.
Presented by Adam Kehler, Director of Risk, Security, and Privacy Healthcare Services at Online Business Systems
CCALAC Members & Affiliates Cost: $75, Non-members Cost: $100
Adam Kehler is the Director of Risk, Security, and Privacy Healthcare Services at Online Business Systems. Adam has 12 years of experience working with health centers, most notably conducting over 500 Security Risk Assessments over the course of 5 years in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Delaware. He has worked with health centers to obtain and maintain compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule and build out their security programs. Adam has delivered incident response workshops in Alabama, West Virginia, and New York.