- This event has passed.
NextGen User Collaborative Annual Training for Advanced Users – EHR and EPM
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on June 11, 2021 at 9:00 am
Nextgen User Collaborative Members are invited to join us with eMedApps for the Annual Training for Advanced Users – EHR and EPM.
Learning objectives will include:
• Learn about new features in the EHR, as well as old features you may not be utilizing.
• Get tips and best practices on some EHR configurations and workflows.
• Review the upgrade process, prerequisites prior to upgrading, and EPM features that could save you time!
Day 1 – EHR
- Review the most impactful features from versions 5.9.2 – 6.2021 that users often miss and will be included in your next upgrade. Some features will include: CPTII Module, Updated SOGI Configuration Options, New SOAP Template, and much more!
- Review some of the tips and recommendations within NextGen that the Practice maybe completing manually. Items will include Background Business Processor (BBP), NextGen Commination Services (NCS), Copying User Preferences, and more!
- Best practice configuration for COVID-19 Vaccines to ensure most accurate documentation from staff. Items will include recommendations on Service Items (SIM), Custom Names, EAU, Benefits of Immunization Inventory, etc.
- Review set-up and workflow for electronic reconciliation of CCDA.
Day 2 – EPM
- Review of the NextGen Upgrade process from A-Z. Review Server and SQL Server prerequisites to upgrade, and NextGen’s Clinical Template Analyzer (formerly GAP Analysis).
- Review essential features on the PM side that users frequently overlook to include in your next upgrade if you have not upgraded in a while! Presentation will include: Group Scheduling, Enhanced Forms, Process Unapplied Credits.
- Concentration is always on the medical side. We will cover some of the hidden gems in the PM that could be huge time savers for your staff! BBP most common billing jobs to set up, Task from claim edits, Task small balance auto adjust, and a few new features.
Presented by Yvette Bujak, eMedApps Senior System Analyst, Healthcare Consultants and Betsy Anderson, NextGen Certified Professional: PM, EHR, Document Management, Patient Portal; eMedApps
This training is exclusively for CCALAC NextGen Collaborative Members
Please contact the Training Center with any questions at email@example.com.
Yvette Bujak, eMedApps Senior System Analyst, Healthcare Consultants
Yvette works in a variety of roles for our clients. She is typically responsible for implementation, training and support of the NextGen EPM and EMR product.
Yvette has 12 years of experience with the NextGen product and is NextGen certified for PM, EMR and Document Management. She has over 14 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Yvette worked in a rapidly growing large specialty practice with 45 providers working out of 12 locations. She was solely responsible for supporting all aspects of the PM and EMR. This included configuring, training, implementing, and testing the NextGen system. She also provided on-site go-live support as well as post go-live support. She has analyzed work flow and developed training tools and documentation for office personnel and physicians. She has both medical billing experience as well as clinical experience as a CNA. Yvette has helped practices configure the NextGen patient portal, HQM and the BBP. She has extensive file maintenance and system administrator experience. Yvette also provides on-going support to practices to resolve software and technical issues. Further, Yvette supports our safety net providers and is familiar with their special reporting requirements.
Betsy Anderson, NextGen Certified Professional: PM, EHR, Document Management, Patient Portal; eMedApps
Betsy has been an integral part in training, developing workflows, training material, implementation, go-live and monthly support for our clients. Betsy has over 17 years of experience with the NextGen product and is NextGen certified in multiple applications. She has 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Betsy started in the healthcare industry in the billing department of a large hospital system. During her ten years with that organization she navigated all roles in the billing department, moved over to the Managed Care department in processing claims and ending with implementing NextGen for the affiliated physician groups.
At eMedApps Betsy has been a dedicated primary resource for a large physician group directly supporting over fifty central billing office staff. While working with this organization she identified workflow, system, and interface inefficiencies and provided remediation recommendations. She has also provided complete implementation training and support in the implementation of the NextGen Practice Management system for a large multi-state hospital/physician organization. Betsy’s years of experience in revenue cycle management, implementing and supporting NextGen PM makes her a knowledgeable asset.