Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based communication style, highly effective in strengthening patient engagement and motivation. This 2-part interactive workshop provides participants with a foundation for building the practice of Motivational Interviewing, as well as more specific practice applying the skills to your particular setting. We will focus on learning which strategies yield the best results using demonstrations, videos, small group exercises, “real-plays” and role-plays to learn about the Motivational Interviewing spirit, skills, processes, and strategies.
Registration fee covers attendance for both sessions. Participants are expected to attend both days of training.
- Understand the fundamental spirit and principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Develop empathic listening skills (OARS)
- Practice strategies for reducing defensiveness and building engagement
- Begin to identify and respond to client readiness through language cues (change talk and sustain talk)
- Learn the steps for applying MI through the Four Processes (Engage, Focus, Evoke, Plan)
Presented by Mary Beth Abella-Jacks, MSW.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Parking will not be validated.
You must be logged into the website to register. If you don’t have a login yet, Create an Account.
If you are not a Member or Affiliate of CCALAC and you would like to attend this training, please email Traci Bivens, Training and Events Manager at email@example.com.