Incident Command Systems (ICS)
September 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50
This course will provide foundational knowledge and skills necessary to understand and function within the National Incident Management System (NIMS) with the application of the Healthcare Incident Command System (HICS). Incorporation of the Incident Command System (ICS)/Healthcare Incident Command System (HICS) into the clinic enables cross-sector collaboration and support, including emergency resource requests and effective recovery procedures.
In this training participants will:
- Learn fundamental approaches to emergency management
- Learn the core concepts and principles of ICS/HICS
- Simulate the ICS/HICS positions and roles with classmates
- Learn the components of the NIMS and how to ensure your healthcare center is NIMS compliant
- Learn how response coordination is achieved in Los Angeles County and other specific jurisdictions
- Apply concepts learned to effectively respond in a disaster scenario
Presented by Brenda Rodriguez, Emergency Preparedness & Response Manager, CCALAC
Complimentary for CCALAC Emergency Management Workgroup Members
Non-Emergency Management Workgroup Members: $50
If you are not a member of CCALAC and wish to attend the training, please email the Training Center at email@example.com.