This course will provide foundational knowledge and skills necessary to understand and function within the National Incident Management System (NIMS). Incorporation of the Incident Command System (ICS) into the clinic enables cross-sector collaboration and support, including emergency resource acquisition and recovery dollars.
- Learn fundamental approaches to emergency management
- Learn the core concepts and principles of ICS
- Simulate the ICS positions and roles with classmates
- Learn the components of the NIMS and how to ensure your health center is NIMS compliant
- Learn how response coordination is achieved in Los Angeles County
- Apply learning to a disaster scenario
This training is for participants in CCALAC’s Emergency Management Program only. For more information about registering as a non-member and becoming a part of the Emergency Management Program, please contact Traci Bivens.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Parking will be validated at 757 S. Flower St.
*This training is exclusively for clinics participating in CCALAC’s Emergency Management Group. Limited to 2 attendees per agency.
You must be logged into the website to register. If you don’t have a login yet, Create an Account.
If you are not a Member or Affiliate of CCALAC and you would like to attend this training, please email Traci Bivens, at firstname.lastname@example.org.