This workshop for in the Emergency Management Program participants will provide key knowledge and skills necessary to understand and function within the National Incident Management System (NIMS). Incorporation of the Incident Command System (ICS) into the clinic enables cross-sector collaboration and support, including emergency resource acquisition and recovery dollars.
As a result of this training participants will:
- Learn fundamental approaches to emergency management and response
- Learn the core concepts and principles of ICS
- Learn the components of the NIMS and how to ensure your health center is NIMS compliant
- Learn how response coordination is achieved in Los Angeles County
- Apply learning to a disaster scenario
Presented by Omari Battles, MPH, Emergency Management Coordinator, CCALAC
This training is for participants in CCALAC’s Emergency Management Program only. For more information about becoming a part of the Emergency Management Program contact Dana James.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Parking will be validated.