Fundamentals in Quality Improvement – Institute For High Quality Care
March 20 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
One event on May 15, 2020 at 8:30 am
New to quality improvement? Looking to brush up your skills? By participating in IHQC’s Fundamentals in Quality Improvement course, you’ll receive training in quality and process improvement science, project design, systems change, using data for improvement, and change management.
Individuals or teams new to QI are encouraged to attend this short course where participants will:
- Design a small scale improvement project to begin practicing and applying the improvement tools and strategies reviewed during the course;
- Review Problem Assessment tools and strategies for better understanding the current state to ensure that their improvement efforts address the root cause(s);
- Define improvement measures that will help evaluate the project and tell the project story;
- Leverage PDSA’s and rapid cycle improvement frameworks to accelerate the testing of their improvement ideas.
- Apply Change Management theories and tools to help their team better understand and anticipate staff’s reaction to change.
In addition to the two in-person workshops, participants can schedule up to two 30-minute coaching calls with IHQC staff to discuss any of the course content or their improvement project efforts. Certificates of completion will be given at the close of the program.