The 2019 Research Fast Pitch Competition
Now in our fourth year, the Research Fast Pitch is a “Shark Tank” meets Healthcare Research event, where individuals and teams pitch their unique ideas for impacting safety-net health care to a panel of Grant Officers and Health Care Experts in front of an audience that represents hundreds of peers from a diverse mix of safety-net focused organizations. Selected teams will compete for seed grants and prizes, receive expert coaching and attend exclusive workshops, and receive feedback from our panel of expert judges.
An informational webinar for applicants was held on Monday April 8, 1:30 – 2:30 PM. Click here to watch the informational webinar.
WHAT | WHY
- Apply to pitch an impactful idea to fix a problem in safety-net health care to a panel of experts and grant makers in front of an audience of peers
- If selected, receive expert coaching and train through exclusive workshops
- Pitch and get expert feedback, compete for seed grant prizes
- Refine your research, perfect your pitch, network, connect, and disrupt healthcare for the better
- Focus on the safety-net, underinsured or uninsured, Medicaid, and other vulnerable populations
- Health is more than just physical
- Broad or narrow scope is fine
- Open to all applicants (team member max: 6 people)
- Be creative
The 2019 Fast Pitch provides an opportunity for researchers to present novel ideas to a number of funding organizations and receive rapid feedback. Our format is five-minute presentations to our panel of expert judges, followed by a brief question and answer session and scoring. Audience members will see how funding agencies and experts review and question proposed ideas. Finally, we don’t want to discount the importance of providing a space for presenters, judges and audience members to network and collaborate.
Applications were due May 15, Those selected to participate will be notified at the end of May. Click here for the 2019 Fast Pitch Flyer.
Please Save the Date for November 1, 2019 to join us for the 2019 Research Fast Pitch!
Registration for attendees will begin on September 2, 2019
Contact us with additional questions – and please share broadly:
Laura Sklaroff | Lsklaroff@dhs.lacounty.gov
Vipra Bhakri| email@example.com
This event is co-sponsored by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, The Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County, and the Los Angeles County Practice Based Research Network. Thank you to our PBRN members for their dedication to improving health in the safety-net.