Open Enrollment Refresher
August 6 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
2021 is a unique year for health program enrollment. Due to the American Rescue Plan, the on-going Public Health Emergency and some comprehensive new updates to the Medi-Cal program, there are many opportunities to help our communities enroll in and retain health coverage.
We invite enrollment staff to join their peers for an in-service session led by Maternal and Child Health Access’ expert training team. This session is intended for experienced enrollers and will cover the following:
- Improvements to the Non-MAGI Medi-Cal Aged and Disabled Program
- Expanded post-partum coverage under Medi-Cal
- Policy changes regarding Medi-Cal and Public Charge rules
- Continued Medi-Cal flexibilities and protections due to COVID-19
- Expanded financial assistance in Covered CA
- Strategies for application trouble-shooting and advocacy
Enrollers will have an opportunity to discuss any issues and challenges they are experiencing and share best practices and strategies for providing enrollment assistance during COVID-19 and beyond.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand policy changes impacting Medi-Cal eligibility and Covered CA financial assistance
- Gain tools to more effectively advocate for their clients
- Learn about important COVID-19 protections and coverage flexibilities for California Residents
Presented by Liz Ramirez, Director of Training & Education, Maternal and Child Health Access and Donald Nollar, Training Specialist, Maternal and Child Health Access.
Cost for CCALAC Members and Affiliates: $25