The purpose of the Empanelment Training is to provide a high-level overview for the technical implementation of empanelment in an FQHC setting. There will be a brief introduction to the fundamentals of empanelment. Then the workshop will lead participants through a step-by-step process for utilizing the empanelment database for 4-Cut provider assessments. The workshop will also include tips and policies for overcoming some of the technical and resources barriers for successful implementation.
Audience: QI and Business Operations Staff
- Participants must bring a laptop with Microsoft Access pre-installed (version 2010 or newer).
- Participants must bring in a copy of a clinical encounter report with data from the previous 12 months with the following fields:
- Encounter ID
- Encounter Date
- Patient Account Number or Medical Record Number
- Rendering Provider on the date of service
- The encounter report should only include checked out or completed primary care encounters. Specialty and no-show/walk-out encounters should be excluded from the report.
*If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Kaleigh Cornelison at email@example.com.
- Understand the fundamentals of empanelment in the medical home model
- Learn to leverage EHR and readily available computer software to process data center aspects of empanelment implementation in an FQHC setting
- Understand the methodologies behind the 4-Cut and utilizing the empanelment database for patient to provider assignments
Presented by Faiaz Azfar, CPC, Quality Improvement Consultant, Elevation Health Partners.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Parking is available on site and will be validated.
You must be logged into the website to register. If you don’t have a login yet, Create an Account.
If you are not a Member or Affiliate of CCALAC and you would like to attend this training, please email Kaleigh Cornelison, Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.