- This event has passed.
Difficult and Crucial Conversations at Work – Virtual Training
September 18 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$150
Being able to deal with difficult conversations effectively is an essential business skill that is invaluable in maintaining good relationships and creating a collaborative team environment. Disagreements do not just disappear when they are ignored; it can impact employees’ abilities to work effectively together. Co-workers and leaders are often concerned about having a difficult conversation because they are worried their colleague, co-worker or boss might react defensively to what they have to say. The need to have conversations in an appropriate way, that achieves the desired result, will keep the relationship firmly intact – even if you do not come to a mutual agreement. This interactive, informative, and highly practical workshop will give attendees valuable techniques and strategies that will make it easier to handle difficult conversations successfully. Participants will learn how to prepare for a difficult conversation, get the conversation off to the best possible start, and manage their emotions.
By the end of the session attendees will have learned strategies to confidently deal with difficult conversations, including:
- Understanding why certain conversations are so difficult and how to shift your perspective about difficult conversations
- How to avoid wasting precious energy on feeling negative about a person or situation
- The 3 conversations model – understanding the dynamic of difficult conversations
- How to prepare for and initiate a difficult conversation
- The 7-step process for successfully engaging in a difficult conversation
- How to manage your emotions and support others during a difficult conversation
Presented by Gena Yuvette Davis, Psy.D., MBA, BCC, CCP, Organizational Psychologist, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, True Synergy, Inc.
Member and Affiliate Cost: $150
If you are a Non-Member and are interested in attending the training at $200, please email the Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.