- This event has passed.
COVID-19: Patient Engagement Communications & Messaging Training
June 29 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmComplimentary
CCALAC has made it easy for member clinics and staff to access a wide range of creative and digital content on how their patients and communities can keep safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. The training will include best practices and guidance on:
- Recommended messaging for patients:
- How to address common misconceptions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine
- Ways to educate and communicate with patients regarding the COVID-19 vaccine
- The importance of returning to regular care as the pandemic comes to an end
- COVID-19 and LA County resources available to patient communities through the toolkit
- How to share social media content and customizable graphics, plus other collateral
The training will also include a “how-to” instructional walkthrough for staff to learn how to customize different materials available in the toolkit such as social media posts and handouts.
- Communicate with each type of “COVD-19 Vaccine Persona” while engaging with patients regarding the COVID-19 vaccine
- Communicate with parents and children around the COVID-19 vaccine, addressing any concerns or questions (especially as we reach “back to school” season)
- Address any misconceptions patients may have now that California has “fully reopened” its economy
- Utilize all of the materials available in the toolkit
Presented by Paul Hernandez, Chief Strategy Officer, Fenton Communications
Paul Hernandez, Chief Strategy Officer, Fenton Communications
Paul is best known as a communications and public affairs strategist. He has over 20 years of experience working to engage and influence policymakers and other decision-makers on key issues ranging from health care to racial equity to homelessness to early childhood education. He has also served as a trusted advisor to public and nonprofit sector organizations such as the Advancement Project, Los Angeles County Chief Executive Office and Oakland Unified School District.