Compliance Series: Acing the Board’s Participation in the Operational Site Visit (Virtual or In-person)
October 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Operational site visits (OSVs) are a time of great anticipation and more than a little stress for health centers and their boards. This training will give tips and techniques to engage with surveyors during the board-only meeting and demonstrate the board’s knowledge of and compliance with relevant elements of the Health Center Compliance Manual. Given evolving guidance about various local and state reopening plans, special issues related to putting the board’s “best foot forward” in a virtual OSV will be discussed.
By the end of the training, attendees will be able to:
- Identify those elements of HRSA’s Health Center Program Compliance manual for which the board is held accountable
- Recognize foundational documents surveyors should have received and reviewed in preparation for their meeting with the board and what questions they are likely to ask
- Develop strategies for assigning roles among participants and developing a game plan for the health center board’s responses and interaction with the HRSA surveyors
Presented by Paula L. Woods and Felix H. Liddell, Co-Founders and Principals, Woods/Liddell Group
CCALAC Member & Affiliate Cost: $175, Non-Member Cost: $225
This course is part of a Compliance Series. Enter code COMPLIANCE2021 at registration to receive a 15% discount on space in two or more of the courses. Email email@example.com for information on group discounts.
Other courses in the compliance series:
- Compliance Series: Preparing for a V-OSV, September 22- More Information – Register Now
- Compliance Series: 340B Compliance: Pitfalls and Payoffs, October 8- More Information- Register Now
- Compliance Series: After the V-OSV – What’s Next? (Post V-OSV: Responding to Findings & Continuous Compliance), October 27- More Information – Register Now
- Compliance Series: Compliance and Revenue Integrity – A Revenue Cycle Blueprint, November 5- More Information – Register Now
- Compliance Series: Minimizing Risks through Human Resource Best Practices, November 30- More Information – Register Now
Acing the Board’s Participation in the Operational Site Visit (Virtual or In-person) Instructor Biographies:
Paula L. Woods and Felix H. Liddell, Co-Founders and Principals, Woods/Liddell Group
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Woods/Liddell Group is a strategy and governance consulting firm whose mission is to enable a healthier, more just and vibrant society through providing strategic planning, business strategy and governance development advisory services to nonprofit and corporate leaders.
WLG has served as consultants, coaches, speakers and trainers on governance matters for: NACHC’s P& I, CHI and New Grantee conferences: numerous primary care association conferences; and health centers nationwide
Paula L. Woods is a WLG co-founder and principal. Her deep background and experience in health care strategy, governance and health center compliance is based on serving scores of health centers, primary care associations, hospitals, health systems and other nonprofits and in prior leadership roles in a Big Eight consulting firm and a publicly traded diversified health care company. Paula has also served on healthcare boards of directors as well as facilitated well over 100 board and management meetings and retreats on a wide variety of health care strategy, management and governance topics.
Co-founder and principal Felix H. Liddell is a trusted leader in providing strategy and governance solutions for WLG’s health center clients. He leads the firm’s research and development of governance peer review and board self-assessments, CEO goal-setting and performance appraisal policies, processes and surveys and other quantitative tools. Felix has spoken on a wide variety of governance, strategy, compliance and succession planning topics for health centers, health center governance networks, primary care associations and NACHC. His expertise in the health care industry and in public company marketing, finance, strategic planning, and governance has guided clients through major transformations and positioned them for demonstrated success in uncertain operating environments.