- This event has passed.
BAILA First Year Convening and Training
June 29, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County (CCALAC), Maternal Child Health Access (MCHA), Neighborhood Legal Services Los Angeles (NLSLA) and the Benefits Access for Immigrants Los Angeles (BAILA) Network for a complimentary virtual convening designed for on-the-ground clinic enrollers and service providers assisting their communities in enrolling and retaining their benefits.
Over the past year, the BAILA Network, a collaboration between benefit enrollers/health navigators, community health workers, and legal service providers, have been working together to connect immigrant families across Los Angeles to the benefits they need to stay healthy and strong.
Clinic enrollment/outreach staff and community partners are invited to join the BAILA Network for a first-year convening as we reflect on the network’s first year launch, share best practices and successes, discuss important policy changes impacting immigrant communities, and inform your organizations on how to engage with BAILA. This convening will cover the following:
- BAILA Network: Overview and First Year Reflections, Best Practices and Successes, Next Steps and How to Get Involved;
- H4All: Medi-Cal 50+ Expansion Reflections and What’s Next for Closing the Remaining Coverage Gap for All Income-Eligible Adults 26-49;
- 2022 State Budget Wins: Medi-Cal and Expanding Access to Benefits;
- Public Charge: Overview, Current Landscape and Next Steps.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the nuts and bolts of BAILA and how your organizations can directly engage with the network;
- Gain tools and resources to more effectively advocate for your patients, clients, and community members;
- Comprehend the current public charge landscape and how to present resources to clients and patients;
- Connect with partners and build community with other providers supporting immigrant families.
Presented by Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County (CCALAC), Maternal Child Health Access (MCHA), Neighborhood Legal Services Los Angeles (NLSLA) and the Benefits Access for Immigrants Los Angeles (BAILA) Network.
If you are not a CCALAC Members or Affiliate, please select “other organization” for your registration. Please email the Training Center at email@example.com with any questions.