2-Day Financial and Operational Training:
Health centers must proactively improve performance and access to care, despite an uncertain funding environment, shifting market needs, and value-based reimbursement models which affect care delivery, operations, and the overall business model. This 1.5 day program provides health center staff with assistance on managing the impact and implications of change including: implementing effective leadership strategies, assessing community needs and possible integration/growth of services such as oral health, calculating and reducing the cost of providing care while maintaining quality outcomes, and improving patient flow/satisfaction/processes and revenue cycle management effectiveness. Training will be provided through a combination of plenary sessions taught by industry experts, roundtable breakouts, and peer-to-peer learning. Several tools/resources will be shared including Capital Link’s newly created revenue cycle management toolkit and updated financial and operational metrics/guidelines for both medical and oral health operations.
- Identify and implement strategies for moving forward, operating effectively in an uncertain and changing market environment, and responding to community needs to ensure long-term success
- Understand how effective patient flow, well-functioning care teams, process improvement, and efficient financial operations drive quality outcomes and financial success
- Approach health center operations management through a value-based care lens, necessitated by changing reimbursement models and an increased focus on outcomes
Evening Program & Board Dinner:
Using Data to Drive Improvement: Real World Scenarios for Discussion
This session will describe the most critical metrics and benchmarks for health centers to monitor to understand their performance, and the Board’s role in establishing and implementing improvement strategies. The session will include real world scenarios to illustrate challenges health centers are consistently faced with, and opportunities to evaluate and strengthen health center administrative, financial, and clinical operations. Attendees are invited to join the discussion by providing feedback and perspectives on the scenarios presented.
- Learn the importance of comparative benchmarking and how regular tracking can inform performance improvement.
- Understand the Board’s role in enhancing the financial and operational strength of health centers.
- Through peer discussion and feedback from experts, gain strategic insight on how to approach common Board member questions and challenges.
Audience: CEOs/Executive Directors, COOs, CFOs, CMOs, Board members, and anyone interested in learning more about strategic decision-making and how it impacts health center operations
Presented by Capital Link.
This program is being made possible through the generous support of Cedars-Sinai and L.A. Care Health Plan.