This training will begin with a discussion of how to stop uncontrolled bleeding during a mass casualty or active shooter event. It will also address how to respond in an active shooter situation, including the Run, Hide, Fight model. Participants will have an opportunity to participate in a mini-drill that will increase their situational awareness, prepare them to act in a real-life situation and transfer knowledge to a clinic setting.
Audience: Emergency Management Coordinators and Facilities Personnel
- Understand and demonstrate when and how to apply pressure dressings for uncontrolled bleeding
- Understand and demonstrate when and how to apply tourniquets to stop uncontrolled bleeding in extremities
- Become aware of what they can do in the event of an active shooter
- Actively participate in a run, hide, fight drill
- Learn strategies for how to build a site-specific active shooter response strategy
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Parking is complimentary.
You must be logged into the website to register. If you don’t have a login yet, Create an Account.
If you are not a Member or Affiliate of CCALAC and you would like to attend this training, please email Traci Bivens, at email@example.com.