This comprehensive, hands-on, and highly interactive multi-week cohort training supports managers and supervisors at all levels of the organization to develop and strengthen key skills necessary to successfully navigate their roles in today’s increasingly challenging CHC environment. Participants gain immediately applicable knowledge and skills, work together in large and small groups, participate in hands-on exercises, and discuss crucial issues in engaging, managing and retaining health center staff.
Who should attend?
CCALAC recognizes that Health Center Managers are often overwhelmed navigating competing priorities. The Core Competencies cohort is open to all Managers with eighteen months or less in their roles. All must be currently supervising staff and have operations and supervision responsibilities. All activities will strengthen employee engagement to increase staff productivity, retention, and satisfaction. Further, attendees will learn to:
- Coach and develop employees;
- Communicate effectively as a manager;
- Utilize Behavioral Interviewing to hire employees with the right skills and fit for long-term success;
- Avoid common legal pitfalls as a manager or supervisor;
- Create and sustain a culture of customer service.
What is the format?
All sessions are held virtually. Each session reinforces strategies immediately implementable by Managers in their Health Centers. Topics intend to build efficacy and confidence in their role. Sessions include:
- Strengthening Employee Engagement, Productivity and Retention
- The Art of Management Communication
- Behavioral Interviewing: Hiring Successfully for the Long-Term
- Staying Legally Compliant While Managing Employees
- Making Customer Service a Reality: Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Service Excellence
The cohort will begin on February 18, 2022 and meet weekly on Fridays for two and a half hours. Please ensure that you can attend the following sessions before submitting your application:
- February 18, 2022; 9:00-11:30AM PT
- February 25, 2022; 9:00-11:30AM PT
- March 4, 2022; 9:00-11:30AM PT
- March 11, 2022; 9:00-11:30AM PT
- March 18, 2022; 9:00-11:30AM PT
Applicants should be prepared to commit 3 hours per week to all cohort activities (including online training).
Deadline to Apply
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, November 30, 2021.